Coinstar Jackpot - 30+ Silvers

Finding a CACHE of silvers in the coinstar reject tray ! :wow2:
I one time found 7 silvers in one plug.... but 30 ?:jawdrop:
Maybe some kid raided old aunt Betsy's pantry & found a jar of coins.
needing some money for the latest video game,
or some other techno do hickey...:?:

For the last few weeks one of the four coinstar machines,
located near my town has been "OUT OF ORDER"
I hope that when its back in service, that the meth-heads will start dumping
loads of saved up change into it.... :p
Yeah, timing is everything. :impatient:
:newidea: Wouldn't it be great to have an alarm sent to your smart phone,
telling you an overload has just been dumped at Wal- mart.

Finding a CACHE of silvers in the coinstar reject tray ! :wow2:
I one time found 7 silvers in one plug.... but 30 ?:jawdrop:
Maybe some kid raided old aunt Betsy's pantry & found a jar of coins.
needing some money for the latest video game,
or some other techno do hickey...:?:

For the last few weeks one of the four coinstar machines,
located near my town has been "OUT OF ORDER"
I hope that when its back in service, that the meth-heads will start dumping
loads of saved up change into it.... :p
Yeah, timing is everything. :impatient:
:newidea: Wouldn't it be great to have an alarm sent to your smart phone,
telling you an overload has just been dumped at Wal- mart.
Ha ha! Dirt Dick, yeah I’d have to say maybe junkie, as kids today don’t even know what coins are, let alone what to do with them! All kids know are their plastic and IPhones...

"EYE POPPING FINDS" is where this belongs,
and your thread heading could've been
"COINSTAR CACHE"
Great catch AMC :hat3:

Oh my, that is ridiculous. I visited 3 coinstars today and got $0.19 and a Canadian quarter and dime. I'll trade you.

AMC congrats on a the huge coinstar score!

I too thought that lower left coin looked suspiciously barber quarter-like...stupid tokens.

I found about 20 coins in the tray once, but not one was silver, just clad and foreign. My best score I guess was a lone silver rosie just a couple months ago. :/

Took a pic back then.

Attachments

• coinstar_7dec2018.jpg
    coinstar_7dec2018.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 88
Thanks but not one machine in the entire state of Alaska :roll:

I'm pretty sure they have them at the banks but they probably frown on people checking the return pocket...

Wow, maybe Coinstar doesn't think they'd get used enough there ?

Years ago there were plenty of pay phone coin return slots to check, but there still should be vending machines to check, I'm not saying to go out of your way to check those, but if you happen to walk by one, why not ? if we'd go thru the effort of digging a coin out of the ground, then why not "dig" coins out of a coin return slot ? :lol:

While myself, daughter and wife were in the checkout lane at Wallymart, I asked my daughter if she’d check the Coinstar on the way out. Nope, not gonna happen. My wife glanced and said, “there’s a **** ton of coins in there! They went on, in a hurry as to not be associated while I got down on my knees and started digging coin. Some fell out on the floor, and I heard that familiar ‘ting’. Good gosh, did I hit the mother load.

This deserves Find of the year. Good grief. a full 30 silvers... What a cache!

Reminds me of the time I got 280 silver quarters from coinstar. Well the girl putting them in had them all rejected. I gave her $70 on the spot and turned it into almost $1400. My post on here had nearly 360 replies before they shut it down.

People too busy counting their haul to notice the haul they’re leaving behind !

I mean the person that dumped them in. I've used a coin star machine and heard a few rejects hit the tray. Thirty coins would be like an old slot machine hitting the jackpot. Whoever dumped them in had to be completely out of it, in a really big hurry, or both. I realize I'm stating the obvious.

I think they just didn't understand how the machine functions... probably never dumped coins before..

I habitually check Coinstar machines every time I see one... It borders on compulsion. To date I have found not a single silver. I have found scads of clads, and easily twice that many foreign coins. My sons and I have a discreet race to check the reject tray when we are out together and pass a machine. We all want to be the one to find the first silver.

Amazing haul Sir. Inspiring!

wow, that is an astonishing coinstar find ! ! I used to a get a dime here and there, but not so much anymore.... last time I went to go look , an old man got there right before I did and pulled some coins out from the reject tray. I still wonder what he got out of there since his hand went in twice to get them out ..LOL

Years ago there were plenty of pay phone coin return slots to check

I never thought of Pay phones.. I wonder how many Silver dimes or quarters were found from them. I am in doubt they would of been rejected because of the "times" pay phones were in use and silver was still common..but I know I have found change in a payphone many times as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom