ENDED 2018 Christmas Gift Exchange

Glad you liked what you received. It looks like you had lots of great stuff to open up.

Glad you liked what you received. It looks like you had lots of great stuff to open up.

Yes I really had a awesome Xmas =) i was so shocked to see all the gifts as i slept most of the day the majority arrived, But when i came out X-Mas Eve to see the tree i was like wow :wow: Santa Came ! My mother and i had a long talk the other day about what this hobby has done for me (Mentally & Physically) over the years, i started the 1st time i got ill in 2014 and all i wanted to do was live to find treasure :D and still to this day when i get out i feel as if nothing in the world could bother me :D. The people and friends I've met have made this hobby feel like home (if that makes sense) its been a rocky road but i cant imagine how i would have dealt with it all with out such amazing People a outlet such as Metal Detecting =) and the support of my friends and family many of which are from this forum, Thank You All For Being Apart Of The Best Hobby Out There :D :D :D You All Have Done So Much For Me . I Will Pay It Forward <3 Here's To A New Year ! :D

Got my gift from Lett. today, he sent some peppermint tea and honey (I think haha I can not read it but pretty sure) a mug, a huge bar of chocolate, 2 euro coins and 2 Latvian coins.

If I can figure out my sign in for image site I will post a pic.

Thank you Lett and wife.
May you have a blessed New Year!

Received my package from jackdaniels today. Lots of Korean snacks and goodies, a towel and The Metal Detecting Bible by Brandon Neice. Love it!

It's kinda been a bummer that I have not received anything from my exchange buddy. We made initial contact, but after that, I never heard from him again even after I sent a follow up. My package to him shows as received from my USPS tracking, but he hasn't posted anything about that either. Hopefully he is okay...

It's kinda been a bummer that I have not received anything from my exchange buddy. We made initial contact, but after that, I never heard from him again even after I sent a follow up. My package to him shows as received from my USPS tracking, but he hasn't posted anything about that either. Hopefully he is okay...

That is a bummer. Have you heard anything since you've posted this? Hopefully there is an explaination.

Just so you know, your exchange partner has not been on the forum since 12/12/18.

Just so you know, your exchange partner has not been on the forum since 12/12/18.

Thanks Ron. I was aware and noticed that as well which is why I said I hope he's okay. You'd just think that having received my gift in the mail would have prompted a response/reminder for him...

I know Jerr-man got his package from me. Don't know why he hasn't posted a photo of what I sent him. I thought he would by now. :?:

.....2nd is from Penny Finder, Hung it right on the tree =) Thanks Paula :D Merry Christmas.....

Glad you liked the crocheted cross and put it on your tree. Since Christmas is over you can place it in your Bible until next Christmas! :yes:

Thanks Ron. I was aware and noticed that as well which is why I said I hope he's okay. You'd just think that having received my gift in the mail would have prompted a response/reminder for him...

I heard that Santa's sleigh got booted in Detroit :) I'm sure something will arrive soon.

Wow! What a guy! So my exchange partner never ended up sending me anything and I thought I was left out, hung to dry. But then this showed up at my doorstep! The generosity and kindness was just jaw dropping! :shock:

If you see pryan67 cruising the forums, be sure to give him a virtual high five because he's the kind of guy that makes these forums and communities great!

Cheers buddy!

Attachments

• 20190107_180604.jpg
    20190107_180604.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,048
Wow! What a guy! So my exchange partner never ended up sending me anything and I thought I was left out, hung to dry. But then this showed up at my doorstep! The generosity and kindness was just jaw dropping! :shock:

If you see pryan67 cruising the forums, be sure to give him a virtual high five because he's the kind of guy that makes these forums and communities great!

Cheers buddy!

Glad you liked the surprise :) Have a great 2019.

WOW! The generosity continues as I have now gotten a second member coming through and stepping up to make up for my exchange partner not sending out a gift. Silversmith45 graciously sent me this care package which will get tons of use. We love to go camping and these lights are bright and will certainly do the job. Plus I now have a secondary digger for when I forget mine or if I have a hunting buddy that needs one! Thanks so much Silversmith45!

Attachments

• 20190111_142857.jpg
    20190111_142857.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,024
WOW! The generosity continues as I have now gotten a second member coming through and stepping up to make up for my exchange partner not sending out a gift. Silversmith45 graciously sent me this care package which will get tons of use. We love to go camping and these lights are bright and will certainly do the job. Plus I now have a secondary digger for when I forget mine or if I have a hunting buddy that needs one! Thanks so much Silversmith45!

Hey any update on your exchange partner? Just curious, would hate to see another forum member get burned in the future. That's just pathetic IMO. Good luck this season man!

Hey any update on your exchange partner? Just curious, would hate to see another forum member get burned in the future. That's just pathetic IMO. Good luck this season man!

Ah yes. He did finally send over some coins and a few relics he dug over the years. While not a great communicator, I guess we can chalk it up to “better late than never” :yes:

Ah yes. He did finally send over some coins and a few relics he dug over the years. While not a great communicator, I guess we can chalk it up to “better late than never” :yes:

It's good to know that he's not hurt...that was a concern, that something serious had happened to prevent him from sending things.

Back
Top Bottom