• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New iMac

GeorgiaJay

Forum Supporter
I went over to my parent's house yesterday to check out my dad's new pewter. He couldn't decide to go with Windows or Apple. I told him to go with an iMac, if he could afford it. He picked up an iMac yesterday and it puts my Pentium 4 pewter to shame! I am just a little bit jealous.:lol: Ok...extremely jealous! At least, I will be able to use it once in a while to take pics and download music.

Over rated. I'll take my PC anyday. Unless you do a lot of media editing, I just can't justify getting one.

Having worked with both.. I will take the PC over the Mac... the Mac may be good for beginners, but serious individuals would stay with the PC. RickO

Best part of it is that you can always run Windows on the iMac. Either through dual boot, or parallels, or several other 3rd party alternatives.

Best part of it is that you can always run Windows on the iMac. Either through dual boot, or parallels, or several other 3rd party alternatives.

yes ms windows is a subset of macos is a subset of bsd is a subset of linux.

although i am impressed with vista apple/macos is superior. your cost of ownership is lower with apple.

Yeah but using VMWare on my Windows machine I can run ANY OS with no fear of harming my base system :yes:

Latest version of the Mac OS (Leopard) runs great on any PC with Dual/Quad Core Intel processors. It takes a small um... adjustment (Hack) to the Mac DVD Disk. The Mac OS has a great user GUI and some pretty cool built-in Apps. Unfortunately you will find your self on a desert island when it comes to support and software. The Mac web browser, Safari just does not get the job done. It loads pages faster but fails on the compatibility test. I like the Mac OS a lot, but when it comes down to getting the job done the Linux/Microsoft answer is the only way to go.

VMWARE is great for quick fixes but sslllooooowwwww... Try VirtualBox instead! http://www.virtualbox.org/

Back
Top Bottom