PCB Pulltab Can Beach

ugadigger

Elite Member
I don’t get the chance to post in the most entertaining subforum often so here’s my finds from a few morning/night hunts; all junkers but the cleansweep coil was GREAT in the dry sand!

PS: my tribute to Earl since he always seems to do a post script howboutit, it’s amazing you beach hunters don’t slice open your foot bc of the trash in the sand!
720329c508eb7d88aa3da611d9094d8b.jpg

fd4754f5a1948a50e0a631683275509e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t get the chance to post in the most entertaining subforum often so here’s my finds from a few morning/night hunts; all junkers but the cleansweep coil was GREAT in the dry sand!

PS: my tribute to Earl since he always seems to do a post script howboutit, it’s amazing you beach hunters don’t slice open your foot bc of the trash in the sand!
720329c508eb7d88aa3da611d9094d8b.jpg

fd4754f5a1948a50e0a631683275509e.jpg

Are you hunting barefoot ? I wear my work boots on wet slopes and much boots in shallow water... When someone posts in the beach forum they better be wearing their big boy pants :lol:

Looks like you had a good time congrats..

I only tried detecting barefoot one time. It took a while for the blisters the sun caused on the tops of my feet to heal. I wear a hard soled dive boot.

I believe I have found and sold one of those "King Will" Tungstens.
Are you hunting barefoot ? I wear my work boots on wet slopes and much boots in shallow water... When someone posts in the beach forum they better be wearing their big boy pants :lol:
Craig is very overprotective of his feet which is why he wears boots. Croc's suffice for me. :lol:

Looks like you had a good time congrats..

Well I forgot to pack my boots so I am trying to be careful. The beach is packed with people and summer hasn’t even started yet!

I only tried detecting barefoot one time. It took a while for the blisters the sun caused on the tops of my feet to heal. I wear a hard soled dive boot.

Yeah I don’t do sun so I stay on the balcony until after the crowds disperse and get in a couple hours at night.
I believe I have found and sold one of those "King Will" Tungstens.

Craig is very overprotective of his feet which is why he wears boots. Croc's suffice for me. :lol:

A Man has to take care of the feet! My 13yo son loves the ring, I had to make him take it off before we went to dinner tonight!

it’s amazing you beach hunters don’t slice open your foot bc of the trash in the sand!

Amazing hunt... if there had been real jewelry there is no doubt in my mind that you would have found it!

I save my junk sneakers for detecting the beach. Once they get water logged and smelly, I just pitch them. I created a safety article and training for my employees that respond to certain public parks and beaches because of exposure to medical waste / drug paraphernalia. But the higher risk (in our area) is actually from sand replenishment. The machines chop up aluminum cans and the shards can be like razor blades scattered onto the beach.

636023075652299873-ThinkstockPhotos-146002592.jpg

man that sand replenishment is horrible if it shreds cans in to little pieces. I thought we only had that to worry about as a land lubber where the lawn mowing industry seems to be hell bent on seeding the land with can slaw.

Nice finds, UGA!

[QUOTE I save my junk sneakers for detecting the beach. Once they get water logged and smelly, I just pitch them. I created a safety article and training for my employees that respond to certain public parks and beaches because of exposure to medical waste / drug paraphernalia. But the higher risk (in our area) is actually from sand replenishment. The machines chop up aluminum cans and the shards can be like razor blades scattered onto the beach.

636023075652299873-ThinkstockPhotos-146002592.jpg
[/QUOTE]

There are some nasties out there, and aside from shoes, gloves are a must. The last town where I lived, the park district started putting in new woodchips in the totlots. The wood must have been from tossed out lumber because there were metal chunks in there, and some had sharp edges from the chipper. Made nice signals on the machine, but a bad choice for totlots.

Way to go! FWIW me and one friend always hunt barefoot. Then two friends always wear water shoes. I had a sputnik go through a dive boot early on and couldn't get it out til shore. Plus you can feel stingrays barefoot before you get tagged. A flounder does make your butt pucker for a second waiting for some pain:laughing:

Hit PCB the first year I got my 800. Time was limited because wife wanted to do a lot of other nonsense (not metal detecting) stuff and for some strange reason wanted me with her. So maybe got in 2 hours and that was a bust, no rings. Just clad and junk. Did not even get any lead weights so where I was hunting was just full of light junk.

I am convinced the only way to enjoy beach hunting was like before I was married, just me and my dog on a weeks vacation on Florida beaches.

I havent seen DaviDs hazard, but i have dug up enough fishhooks that i will never go barefoot at a beach ever again.

Back
Top Bottom