"I Can't Drive Twenty Five" Sensitivity.

Where I live if I can run the Equinox at 20 sensitivity I'm perfectly happy. I've dug some really deep coins with it sitting on 20 with the 11" coil. EMI was so bad in a couple of places lately it was even affecting my buddies Etrac too. I have been able to run between 20-25 on rare occasions, but I don't see significant gains in depth when I do raise near max.

17 seems to be my sweet spot... the other day was chatty at 20... dropped to 17... next two finds a small silver ring and the next find a silver pendant. I usually start around 20.

I actually hit some soccer fields the other day where I could use 23 sensitivity with no efforts of GB or noise canceling. The atmosphere in general is just changing IMO. Way more EMI. I figure it is 5G but I get very little comments when I bring it up. I hope I am wrong. It will only get worse in time if it is 5G.

Yesterday I ran field 2, sensitivity 24 in outlying areas of an old park and it was stable. I was away from the polluted areas though.

Steve

I’ve never been anywhere that I could run 25. I feel pretty good if I can run 22 with just a little chatter.

Hello,
Sens at 25 in my area is impossible. If im running above 21 thats odd.
There is one site in the country I can run 23 if you want to listen to it.
The other question.
Why so interested in the very high sens. The NOX is a hot machine to start with.
It's not always in your best interest to run it that hot. Trashy ground to start with. I once read a smart man on this site that said running the sens too high is like driving with the high beams on in the fog.
HH!
Tom

Not at all , I live in Michigan ( Basically rural Michigan ) . My wife and I hunt mostly Old home sites , school sites and farm fields . Almost never run above 20 or 22 ( Lots of Iron field issues when you crank the sensitivity too high. Dont get that much added depth anyway . Too each his or her own , I imagine if the ground is very clean you can crank the sensitivity up but the machines have a tendancy to false more often when you do that .
Al

Hello,
Sens at 25 in my area is impossible. If im running above 21 thats odd.
There is one site in the country I can run 23 if you want to listen to it.
The other question.
Why so interested in the very high sens. The NOX is a hot machine to start with.
It's not always in your best interest to run it that hot. Trashy ground to start with. I once read a smart man on this site that said running the sens too high is like driving with the high beams on in the fog.
HH!
Tom

"I once read a smart man on this site that said running the sens too high is like driving with the high beams on in the fog."

This is what I have gleaned overall, from this thread. My Equinox units are only good to 22 sensitivity about anywhere I go to detect, but banging at the sensitivity setting for more maximum power, just leads to the "fog" in headlights. I would like knowing that I COULD run max sensitivity if I wanted but it isn't really productive in the end. Sens of 15-20 is keen, and smart enough. It was all the reading in posts about folks running 25 mostly, which made me wonder about both my 600 and 800 getting unstable above 22 was a personal issue.

As the OP of this, it's been a really fun thread, "Thanks to everyone."

Mo power ain't always mo better.

Also, have you tried raising your Iron bias? When i have lots of chatter I raise it and much of the chatter goes away and I can still get somewhere in the high 20s for sensitivity.

Back
Top Bottom