Was looking in the (eye popping,mind blowing finds section here

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
And I’m not just blowing smoke here,but most of what I considered WOW finds on there were found with the AT Pro..I know some guys on here look down on that machine for whatever reason,but it’s still my all time favorite.
Maybe not so good on the old nail test,and maybe not the deepest machine out there,or even the most ergonomic one made...BUT ,,it sure is fun to swing,not too many tweaks to make it a task,and just seems to find the good stuff..If you haven’t made your way over to that section of this forum,you need to take a stroll over,some really great finds posted there over the years.
Just a little encouragement for those who have a at pro and might get sick of hearing how bad it is,take a look in the (eye popping mind blowing) section on friendly forum..

Just gotta understand it is all. ;-) It isn't a "nox" but it is still a fine machine, especially if you get a great deal on one.

Oldest coin dug- 1927 wheatie.

Hunt with what makes ya happy! I see way too many newbies here wanting others to tell them what to buy instead of doing their own research or even going to the internet to read reviews.

I'd have to think many look at some of the great finds posted here and give more credit to the detector instead of the location it was found.

Sure, luck can drop in at anytime, but the majority of the good finds came from lots of research.

Buy what you want, you can always sell it and try something else....that's what many do anyways, or buy a 2nd detector after deciding its a hobby they plan to stick with .

I get a kick out of people (in several hobbies) who have to buy only the "name brand" accessories, and even make a joke of it now and then.

My ATP has cleaned $11,000.00 in gold out of parks, tot lots, lakes and rivers.. (With stock non waterproof headphones) Including well over 500 rings... Best season so far 188 rings...

Wonder if any nox owners will ever be able to say that?

Either way, its going to be a while before they do lol...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_4812_zps8ddbce79.jpg
    IMG_4812_zps8ddbce79.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 379
  • user26275_pic61164_1411060685.jpg
    user26275_pic61164_1411060685.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_20160305_111444.jpg
    IMG_20160305_111444.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_20160301_193405.jpg
    IMG_20160301_193405.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 370
Just gotta understand it is all. ;-) It isn't a "nox" but it is still a fine machine, especially if you get a great deal on one.

Oldest coin dug- 1927 wheatie.

Nope, definitely not a nox. Don't recall seeing any nox mind blowing eye popping finds in that section,just at pro.

And I’m not just blowing smoke here,but most of what I considered WOW finds on there were found with the AT Pro..I know some guys on here look down on that machine for whatever reason,but it’s still my all time favorite.
Maybe not so good on the old nail test,and maybe not the deepest machine out there,or even the most ergonomic one made...BUT ,,it sure is fun to swing,not too many tweaks to make it a task,and just seems to find the good stuff..If you haven’t made your way over to that section of this forum,you need to take a stroll over,some really great finds posted there over the years.
Just a little encouragement for those who have a at pro and might get sick of hearing how bad it is,take a look in the (eye popping mind blowing) section on friendly forum..

I would say my best finds were made with a Compass XP Pro, way back when. But time (and technology) moves on. Nobody said the AT Pro is bad. Just like the XP Pro isn't bad. I still give it to someone who's new to detectors to use, as it is still the best auto-notch machine ever made - as long as what you want isn't over 6 inches deep. I don't know the AT, so can't speak to it. I was also quite skeptical of the Nox. Not so much now after having used it.

The AT PRO has helped me find lots of buttons and a number of silver coins, including two 3 cent pieces. It detects deeper than some people claim it does.
Using the sniper coil on it helps it separate through trash better.

The AT PRO has helped me find lots of buttons and a number of silver coins, including two 3 cent pieces. It detects deeper than some people claim it does.
Using the sniper coil on it helps it separate through trash better.

Very true. A LOT of machines detect deeper than folks claim. I have a Whites Eagle SL2. I could get a very faint beep with no stable VDI and know I had a coin.

To many folk rely on the VDI numbers and think what ever is making the machine beep is junk.

People the learn and know their machines can and do outperform others with the same machine. Irons and Ice are good examples. They play in the water every season and know what their machine is telling them. I have personally seen Ice pull very small gold out of iron infested water.

Forget the VDI numbers, learn the tones. I will bet your keeper finds will increase.

My ATP has cleaned $11,000.00 in gold out of parks, tot lots, lakes and rivers.. (With stock non waterproof headphones) Including well over 500 rings... Best season so far 188 rings...

<°)))>{

Maybe Earl will :D

I haven't swallowed the kool aid yet... I may.. I may not... I'm very happy with my old, antiquated technology :D

I haven't swallowed the kool aid yet... I may.. I may not... I'm very happy with my old, antiquated technology :D

That's how I feel...

I know someone with a Nox.. We're going to test it on small gold, a tiny chain and .2 gram piece my ATP hit.. Did the same test with a tiger shark, still have the ATP..

<°)))>{

<°)))>{

That’s incredible... I see nothing wrong with the ATP. I bet Garrett could reshape the body and re-label it as a new ATP without doing anything else and people would be ecstatic all over again.

Last edited:
That’s incredible... I see nothing wrong with the ATP. I bet Garrett could reshape the body and re-label it as a new ATP without doing anything else and people would be eatatic all over again.

I think a couple of more changes would also enhance it. A volume control and a backlight.

I have one question for Ice. How long did it take you to REALLY learn what your machine is telling you? I know you are an expert with it. I also know that didn't happen overnight.

Nope, definitely not a nox. Don't recall seeing any nox mind blowing eye popping finds in that section,just at pro.

The Equinox has not been out long enough for that yet or nobody on here has got their coil over anything for that section. I have some mind blowing eye popping finds. Guns, bombs, and a bayonet. It is not the machine. It is who gets their coil over the target, hears a beep and decides to dig.

When I start diving with it in the Detroit river, I will find silver and gold. That is a certainty. If they are big silvers and big golds, that is a matter of what I get my coil over.

Forget the VDI numbers, learn the tones. I will bet your keeper finds will increase.

100% agree, I've personally noticed when I stated night hunting and it was too dark to see the VDI on the ATP, I would just go by sound I usually did better. Now I typically don't even look at it anymore. If I dig something decent and someone asks what it rang up as I really don't have any clue most of the time, just dug it because it either sounded good or made some odd sounds that just got me curious.

<°)))>{

I do want to try mine up there. Lol. I loved my At Pro for jewelry especially but it had to go.

I have one question for Ice. How long did it take you to REALLY learn what your machine is telling you? I know you are an expert with it. I also know that didn't happen overnight.

I hunted land for silver for a year before the heat and water hunting posts on here, got my feet wet..

I learned a lot here, biggest thing anyone has ever said was "iron is your friend" I always kept that in my head.. Then I realized its a fact.. But it took me about three months in the water after a year on land, to find a lot of regular and junk rings.. About two years and I would almost know I was about to dig a gold opened hoop earring.. Or a piece of bird shot lol..

Thanks Bob, between myself and Irons (learned a ton from him too) we make an absolute exception to all the naysayers about the ATP.. Especially the door noxers from the cabbage patch.. For them I'm about to start using..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20180502_001251.jpg
    IMG_20180502_001251.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 252
Robbing Coinstar should not be listed as a find.
If it was not found with a detector or while detecting, it don't count.

Why not? A Tray Robber is out looking for silver just like everybody else! Its the results that matter! "You gonna talk or you gonna fish?":laughing:

Back
Top Bottom