XP DEUS VDI Numbers Videos I made...

MiTreasureHunter

Very Cool! Thank you!

I just got my XP Deus on Friday (8/31/12) and decided to make some videos of different targets and the VDI numbers they read at each of the different frequencies. I hope these videos help other XP Deus newbies such as myself. I find it pretty interesting how the numbers change. I am really liking this machine!!

Enjoy and Happy Hunting.

VIDEOS:
XP DEUS VDI Numbers 18khz Setting

XP DEUS VDI Numbers 12khz Setting

XP DEUS VDI Numbers 8khz Setting

XP DEUS VDI Numbers 4khz Setting

Private video???

I just got my XP Deus on Friday (8/31/12) and decided to make some videos of different targets and the VDI numbers they read at each of the different frequencies. I hope these videos help other XP Deus newbies such as myself. I find it pretty interesting how the numbers change. I am really liking this machine!!

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect this old post but I really wanted to see the videos. However when I open them from the links, I get a YouTube message that they are private. Am I the only one having this problem?

Keep in mind, in reality this machine EXCELS when hunting by ear. I've found the VDI is not very accurate at all as far as coins go. Now the disclaimer on that note is if you are hunting clean ground for coins they will be somewhat close. Never let the number be a the decision to dig or not dig with this machine. You will miss a lot of good targets. The Deus excels at very trashy places, ungodly iron IOW. It will pick out conductive metals amongst virtually any amount of ferrous metals. You are in a dig it all game then. Blending of whats in the ground skews the numbers where as some of the other high end machines have filters and factory settings that make this not so bothersome to the consumer, but they are missing the hard to get targets period. Learn it by ear and be greatly surprised. I've dug many thousands of targets with mine and dig it all even a conductive crackle or pop or tink and find this machine to hardly ever lie about something conductive being there and most always in or on or bumped up to something ferrous that really other machines will not find. So forget the VDI numbers and let the machine teach you.

Blending of whats in the ground skews the numbers where as some of the other high end machines have filters and factory settings that make this not so bothersome to the consumer, but they are missing the hard to get targets period. Learn it by ear and be greatly surprised.

Amen.
Use the numbers to set the tones for your target ranges but don't rely too heavily on the VDI. You will get much more information from the audio if you take the time to learn it. There's an XP Deus group here at the Friendly Forum where you can find some good info: http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?groupid=158

Attachments

• Deus scale 1.JPG
    Deus scale 1.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 6,767
Here is where I am with the Deus:

I listen for the quality of the sound. The VDI gives me an idea but I rely on it only for about 80% of the signals. Once the coin is deep, of course, all bets are off regarding the VDI.

Also, I've noticed that the Deus is very sensitive to changes in soil. A copper coin will read higher/lower depending on where I am hunting.

So yes, listen carefully to the Deus and you will soon be hunting by ear only.

Back
Top Bottom