Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Ended Contests Archive (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   ENDED Bring On Summer! (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=259140)

GroundSweeper 07-31-2018 12:25 PM

22 23 26 Mega ball 13
9 18 25 Mega ball 13
2 11 38 Mega ball 13
3 18 30 Mega ball 13

graybeard 08-01-2018 06:02 AM

Week # 18
5.23.53 MB 6
14.35.63 MB 11
9.29.47 MB 12
27.39.43 MB 9

rustyk1 08-01-2018 06:59 AM

week 18

17 35 67 M11
13 29 64 M14
2 10 43 M13
9 27 56 M12

Thanks again for the contest

3.14R8 08-02-2018 09:35 PM

week 18

7 11 23 mega ball 13
46 62 66 mega ball 13
4 10 58 mega ball 13
5 7 53 mega ball 13

Foragist 08-03-2018 09:42 AM

I feel a big prize coming on...

1 35 70 MB 11
4 37 52 MB 12
21 25 64 MB 13
19 33 39 MB 14

Vermonster 08-03-2018 01:54 PM

Week 18

13, 25, 44 Mega 13
18, 33, 51 Mega 13
1, 6, 12 Mega 13
37, 41, 43 Mega 13

twizzlerlord 08-03-2018 02:59 PM

Week 17

5-36-64 MB 13
9-24-30 MB 13
4-16-36 MB 13
7-25-37 MB 13

Thanks Scuba!

jkbemdavis 08-03-2018 05:37 PM

Thanks Scuba!
 
Here are my guesses for this week:

2 8 12 Mega ball 16
8 40 46 Mega ball 12
15 16 21 Mega ball 13
4 33 37 Megan ball 15

Now bring on summer!

pryan67 08-03-2018 08:42 PM

Good luck everyone...in just a couple hours hopefully we'll have a winner (me I hope :) )

Slimpickuns 08-03-2018 09:12 PM

Week 18

17-5-61 MB 13
9-26-19 MB 13
59-36-57 MB 13
65-47-61 MB 13

Thanks Scuba, good luck to all!

jackdaniels 08-03-2018 09:57 PM

week 15

10 20 23 Mega 3
14 32 41 Mega 18

7 12 37 Mega 12
5 16 40 Mega 21

AirmetTango 08-03-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BufordCityDawg (Post 2983046)
Are you people checking your numbers??? Seriously we're way past due for a winner.

BCD

I know, right?? Hereís a link to a Florida lottery page that calculates the odds for the various prize levels for the Mega Millions drawing:

http://www.flalottery.com/exptkt/megaMillions-Odds2.pdf

Essentially, weíre just trying to do the seventh prize level (match 3 numbers only), assuming a guy puts in enough posts to make the Mega ball irrelevant. At the bottom of page 4 on the link, the odds come out to about 1 in 307! One problem is, the odds jump pretty significantly if you donít match the mega ball...as high as 1 in 13,800 (prize level 5)...boy, it would suck to finally match 3 numbers, but miss out because of the mega ball/too few posts!!

The trouble comes from the number of folks entering each week...only about 30-40 peeps are making a valid entry each week. Amazing considering how many people visit this forum regularly! Iím not complaining though - thatís great news from the standpoint that once a set a numbers hits, there are pretty nice odds itíll be yours! But the first 16 weeks, we only had about 60 unique entries (30 guys or so, 2 sets of numbers each)...which means only about a 20% chance of hitting a winner each week. Not great odds, but that still makes us pretty far ďoverdueĒ from those first weeks. At the same time, itís an 80% chance of no one hitting a winner each week...so maybe not a surprise weíre over 4 months in, from that perspective!

Now with 4 entries each, assuming everyone has unique numbers, weíve got about a 40% chance at a winner each week - shouldnít be long before someone hits it!

Unfortunately, Iím one of the 60% this week :lol:

Edit: Apparently they do hinky math in Florida. All the other web sites Iíve gone to say the odds of matching 3 numbers (no mega ball) is only 1 in 606!!

http://www.megamillions.com/how-to-play

https://www.lotto.net/mega-millions/prizes

http://m.lotteryhub.com/mega%20milli...s-and-odds.php

If thatís the case, even with 4 entries, weíve only got about a 20% chance of a winner each week with current participation...history says we could very well have another 18 weeks ahead! :wow:

AirmetTango 08-04-2018 12:09 AM

Just did a quick look through...I donít think we have a winner. Closest was twizzlerlord, matching 2 numbers plus mega ball (assuming he posted enough).

But donít take my word for it...Check Your Own Numbers! :yes:

sandgroper 08-04-2018 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirmetTango (Post 2985114)
I know, right?? Hereís a link to a Florida lottery page that calculates the odds for the various prize levels for the Mega Millions drawing:

http://www.flalottery.com/exptkt/megaMillions-Odds2.pdf

Essentially, weíre just trying to do the seventh prize level (match 3 numbers only), assuming a guy puts in enough posts to make the Mega ball irrelevant. At the bottom of page 4 on the link, the odds come out to about 1 in 307! One problem is, the odds jump pretty significantly if you donít match the mega ball...as high as 1 in 13,800 (prize level 5)...boy, it would suck to finally match 3 numbers, but miss out because of the mega ball/too few posts!!

The trouble comes from the number of folks entering each week...only about 30-40 peeps are making a valid entry each week. Amazing considering how many people visit this forum regularly! Iím not complaining though - thatís great news from the standpoint that once a set a numbers hits, there are pretty nice odds itíll be yours! But the first 16 weeks, we only had about 60 unique entries (30 guys or so, 2 sets of numbers each)...which means only about a 20% chance of hitting a winner each week. Not great odds, but that still makes us pretty far ďoverdueĒ from those first weeks. At the same time, itís an 80% chance of no one hitting a winner each week...so maybe not a surprise weíre over 4 months in, from that perspective!

Now with 4 entries each, assuming everyone has unique numbers, weíve got about a 40% chance at a winner each week - shouldnít be long before someone hits it!

Unfortunately, Iím one of the 60% this week :lol:

Edit: Apparently they do hinky math in Florida. All the other web sites Iíve gone to say the odds of matching 3 numbers (no mega ball) is only 1 in 606!!

http://www.megamillions.com/how-to-play

https://www.lotto.net/mega-millions/prizes

http://m.lotteryhub.com/mega%20milli...s-and-odds.php

If thatís the case, even with 4 entries, weíve only got about a 20% chance of a winner each week with current participation...history says we could very well have another 18 weeks ahead! :wow:

Yes, this contest may very well go on for another two months, but I noticed that when I checked last week's numbers and guesses, that 3 or 4 people were only one number off. However, this week only one person was one number off. Whatever the case, it's a fun contest and for such an awesome prize you don't want the contest to be over too soon. :)

ugadigger 08-04-2018 05:56 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...562d0d96a0.jpg

Honestly I think itís a great gesture of generosity no matter how long takes. So we press on ...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCtoad 08-04-2018 05:58 AM

Week 19

1 21 56 MB 13
2 29 67 MB 12
4 33 61 MB 12
7 42 53 MB 13

ugadigger 08-04-2018 05:59 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...65f3f1fec7.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugadigger 08-04-2018 06:15 AM

3 55 59 mb 22

12 19 44 mb 16

4 17 53 mb 18

13 28 37 mb 21




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandgroper 08-04-2018 06:15 AM

Week 19's guesses:

02 07 12 MB: 14

17 22 27 MB: 13

32 37 42 MB: 12

47 52 57 MB: 11

Thanks :)

jack&jill 08-04-2018 06:23 AM

Week Nineteen

16-21-39 13

13-31-47 12

09-36-51 13

19-35-53 12


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.