Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Coinshooters and Relic Hunters (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Worm and Toad get silver from the curbstrips! (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=273483)

NCtoad 05-19-2019 02:48 PM

Worm and Toad get silver from the curbstrips!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Worm and I got out early and hit a couple blocks of curbstrips this morning. The street has a slight incline so I took the right side and Worm took the left heading up the slope. I think my third target in was a wheatie so that makes you feel like it's gonna be a good hunt. But things slowed down until we got about halfway and Worm hits a war nickel. I was a little ahead on my side of the street and hit my 4th wheatie right at the end of the street. Worm had maybe 50 feet to finish up his side when I told him we should just switch sides and hunt back down the hill to see if we missed anything. Since Worm had 50 feet to go I just followed along behind him and within a few feet I got a nice high tone on the nox and out pops a 1923 merc which makes 25 fty for me. I tried not to rub it in, but I had to tell him he just missed silver:lol: So we ended up both getting silver and as we were finishing up near where we had parked I saw a $10 bill laying against the curb just waiting for me to pick him up and put him in my wallet:laughing: I think that's my first paper money find. All in all another fun sunday morning hunt.

jack&jill 05-19-2019 03:55 PM

A little better outing for you Scott than for Travis but still you both came home winners. Congrats on the Merc, the Wheat's and the eyeball $10. Trapper

coin whisperer 05-19-2019 04:06 PM

Nice find guys!!! Now time to hunt the houses!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HDMontana 05-19-2019 08:42 PM

Very nice. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

markinswpa 05-20-2019 10:33 AM

Congrats on a great hunt, I hope you bought lunch with the ten spot, especially after scooping up the Merc. lol I hate and have more than once my buddy go over a spot and yell--Hey how did you miss this ? DANG how did I ? Just goes to show The swing, the speed, the angle all play a part. Still want to try some curbstrips. HH Mark

jmaryt 05-20-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCtoad (Post 3108260)
Worm and I got out early and hit a couple blocks of curbstrips this morning. The street has a slight incline so I took the right side and Worm took the left heading up the slope. I think my third target in was a wheatie so that makes you feel like it's gonna be a good hunt. But things slowed down until we got about halfway and Worm hits a war nickel. I was a little ahead on my side of the street and hit my 4th wheatie right at the end of the street. Worm had maybe 50 feet to finish up his side when I told him we should just switch sides and hunt back down the hill to see if we missed anything. Since Worm had 50 feet to go I just followed along behind him and within a few feet I got a nice high tone on the nox and out pops a 1923 merc which makes 25 fty for me. I tried not to rub it in, but I had to tell him he just missed silver:lol: So we ended up both getting silver and as we were finishing up near where we had parked I saw a $10 bill laying against the curb just waiting for me to pick him up and put him in my wallet:laughing: I think that's my first paper money find. All in all another fun sunday morning hunt.

needless to say, you don't hunt with the mojave anymore?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Lil Worm6 05-20-2019 03:51 PM

Lol......hey I heard the Merc..........Toad needed a silver, so I decided I would leave him one!!

GroundSweeper 05-20-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Worm6 (Post 3108590)
Lol......hey I heard the Merc..........Toad needed a silver, so I decided I would leave him one!!

:laughing:thatís what I was figuring ;)

Congrats to you both on the silver day!

Wolf-Dog 05-21-2019 01:52 AM

Congrats on the silver; nice merc. :woot:

diggin4clad 05-21-2019 12:01 PM

Congrats on a very nice hunt and the ten spot.

JAK 05-21-2019 04:34 PM

Congrats on all the silver and Hamilton too!

NCtoad 05-21-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack&jill (Post 3108284)
A little better outing for you Scott than for Travis but still you both came home winners. Congrats on the Merc, the Wheat's and the eyeball $10. Trapper

Thanks Trapper!
Quote:

Originally Posted by coin whisperer (Post 3108290)
Nice find guys!!! Now time to hunt the houses!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're going to run out of curbstrips soon...then we'll have to doorknock:lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HDMontana (Post 3108378)
Very nice. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thank you!
Quote:

Originally Posted by markinswpa (Post 3108509)
Congrats on a great hunt, I hope you bought lunch with the ten spot, especially after scooping up the Merc. lol I hate and have more than once my buddy go over a spot and yell--Hey how did you miss this ? DANG how did I ? Just goes to show The swing, the speed, the angle all play a part. Still want to try some curbstrips. HH Mark

Our curbstrips are really narrow...less than 24" and usually we don't find much. This was one of our better curbstrip hunts.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmaryt (Post 3108537)
needless to say, you don't hunt with the mojave anymore?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Had and hour yesterday between jobs and had the mojave with me. Did a little woods hunting, but didn't find anything.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Worm6 (Post 3108590)
Lol......hey I heard the Merc..........Toad needed a silver, so I decided I would leave him one!!

I appreciate it brother!
Quote:

Originally Posted by GroundSweeper (Post 3108624)
:laughing:thatís what I was figuring ;)

Congrats to you both on the silver day!

Thanks GS!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf-Dog (Post 3108801)
Congrats on the silver; nice merc. :woot:

Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by diggin4clad (Post 3108920)
Congrats on a very nice hunt and the ten spot.

Thank you!

jmaryt 05-22-2019 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf-Dog (Post 3108801)
Congrats on the silver; nice merc. :woot:

minnesnowtah still getting snow! (w.t.f!)
woot! woot!. ehe! heh! eh!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

NCtoad 05-22-2019 07:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Was going through my other finds from sunday and found a mud encrusted button that I had forgotten about. It cleaned up nicely. It says HORSTMANN PHILA on the back. There's still some coat fibers on the shank.

ugadigger 05-22-2019 08:49 PM

Congrats on the finds!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdtrapper 05-23-2019 06:26 PM

Congrats on the silver and the 10 spot. That's a good day.

LovestheShiny! 05-23-2019 06:55 PM

Nice finds, that Ten Spot was just waiting for you!

rustyk1 05-23-2019 09:17 PM

Congrats on a successful hunt. Finding a Merc is great then to augment it with a ten spot.... Fantastic!

jmaryt 05-23-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCtoad (Post 3109413)
Was going through my other finds from sunday and found a mud encrusted button that I had forgotten about. It cleaned up nicely. It says HORSTMANN PHILA on the back. There's still some coat fibers on the shank.

super find! time period?..i am 'loaded" with curb strips here in new england!
never run out! havin' a blast with the "mojave" great little detector! you was smart to buy one, can't be found anywhere now! already gone up in value!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

brncofan 05-23-2019 10:09 PM

cool finds congrats


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.