Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Beach and Water Hunting (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My beach...the tease (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=176489)

SalemScott 01-06-2014 10:12 PM

My beach...the tease
 
Yep, my beach is a tease. All she would have to do is cut me off for a couple of hunts and I could just take a break from her but nope, she's gotta give me just enough to keep me interested. Tonight I decided to do a short hunt in hopes of finding that elusive gold. I worked a pretty small area, which unfortunately is very trashy. I didn't get gold but I did pull a standing liberty quarter. I've only found 3 of these in my life, all from this beach and all within the past 6 months. I'm also including a pic of a statue I found at this beach months ago. I don't believe I've ever posted it before so if I have I apologize. It now sits on my kitchen windowsill to greet me every morning. I swear I'm taking tomorrow off.........I think.:p

Tonight's soundtrack, Stevie Ray Vaughan...Little Wing.



https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-6...o/P1060004.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/oK...Q=w728-h747-no
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-f...o/P1060002.JPG

WildDigger 01-06-2014 10:15 PM

Sweet SLQ.

GroundSweeper 01-06-2014 11:23 PM

Man you sure are milking them out of that beach! Pretty nice spot :)

Congrats!

Rudy 01-06-2014 11:38 PM

I haven't seen one of those hindu elephant statues in a while. Used to have one myself. :yes:

It is a statue of Ganesha, also spelled Ganesa, also known as Ganapati or Vinayaka. It is a widely worshipped deity in the Hindu religion.

Ganesha is widely revered as the remover of obstacles and the patron of arts and sciences. Devotees believe that if Ganesha is propitiated, he grants success, prosperity and protection against adversity.

Finally, you might be interested to know why you found the statue on the beach. An annual festival honors Ganesha for ten days, starting on Ganesha Chaturthi, which typically falls in late August or early September. The festival begins with people bringing in clay idols of Ganesha, symbolising Ganesha's visit. The festival culminates on the day of Ananta Chaturdashi, when idols of Ganesha are immersed in the most convenient body of water. Yours wound up getting washed up on the beach.

RustedShut 01-06-2014 11:56 PM

Nice finds! I cant wait to find my first SLQ.

LordOfTheZincs 01-07-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustedShut (Post 1901527)
Nice finds! I cant wait to find my first SLQ.

You and me both! I wonder, with all of our rain if they are all at 24" deep or beyond? :( Nice job Scott! If you don't believe in all of that mumbo jumbo about the elephant you could always turn it into a waterpipe :lol: ..........(rymes with song) ;) :roll:

ScubaDetective 01-07-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy (Post 1901506)
I haven't seen one of those hindu elephant statues in a while. Used to have one myself. :yes:

It is a statue of Ganesha, also spelled Ganesa, also known as Ganapati or Vinayaka. It is a widely worshipped deity in the Hindu religion.

Ganesha is widely revered as the remover of obstacles and the patron of arts and sciences. Devotees believe that if Ganesha is propitiated, he grants success, prosperity and protection against adversity.

Maybe he will help Scott remove some golden obstacles? Or maybe he will remove some trashy iron obstacles so he can find more gold?

Anyway wish you luck in finding gold there. It must be hiding somewhere.

Alejandro 01-08-2014 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy (Post 1901506)
Finally, you might be interested to know why you found the statue on the beach. An annual festival honors Ganesha for ten days, starting on Ganesha Chaturthi, which typically falls in late August or early September. The festival begins with people bringing in clay idols of Ganesha, symbolising Ganesha's visit. The festival culminates on the day of Ananta Chaturdashi, when idols of Ganesha are immersed in the most convenient body of water. Yours wound up getting washed up on the beach.


That's very interesting!! I like that :)

Ra1der5 01-08-2014 10:32 AM

R.I.P. SRV... Gotta love the way he played.

Captain Silver 01-08-2014 04:12 PM

Thanks for the Stevie Ray...and congrats on the Stander!

sandnut 01-10-2014 06:23 AM

Stevie Ray is the best thanks....good job on the silver to better than a pull tab:laughing:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.