Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Ended Contests Archive (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   ENDED Bring On Summer! (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=259140)

DIGGER27 02-13-2019 06:01 PM

2. 7. 56 Mb 13

6. 11. 27. Mb 13

11. 28. 56 Mb 13

6. 27. 55. Mb 13

2. 10 62. Mb 13

3 26. 53. Mb 13

21. 30. 50. Mb 13

34. 46. 47. Mb 13

Foragist 02-13-2019 06:24 PM

Week 46. Another exciting entry opportunity! Oh happy day is on it's way.

01 27 63 MB13
02 16 65 MB13
05 10 32 MB13
11 13 58 MB13

19 21 61 MB14
36 44 45 MB12
09 45 56 MB14
10 15 23 MB12

Waveoff 02-13-2019 06:31 PM

Week 46

09 38 51 MB 08
10 12 44 MB 13
04 09 31 MB 04
26 28 38 MB 09
07 11 22 MB 08
08 24 70 MB 11
16 34 44 MB 03
18 48 58 MB 22

pryan67 02-13-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grinsebring (Post 3068941)
:?:....:timer:......:popcorn2:

Another of my childhood friends passed away yesterday. I am hoping to
congratulate a winner here before I join my ancestors. Just saying

I'll do my best to help you out with that :)

Ra1der5 02-13-2019 07:15 PM

February 15, 2019

11, 21, 62 Mega Ball 13
5, 17, 26 Mega Ball 13
7, 20, 46 Mega Ball 13
18, 25, 46 Mega Ball 13

20, 32, 48 Mega Ball 13
13, 24, 51 Mega Ball 13
11, 32, 62 Mega Ball 13
1, 17, 26 Mega Ball 13

R5

GroundSweeper 02-14-2019 09:41 AM

22 23 26 Mega ball 13
9 18 25 Mega ball 13
2 11 38 Mega ball 13
3 18 30 Mega ball 13

26 34 5 Mega ball 13
26 3 35 Mega ball 13
10 41 45 Mega ball 13
26 37 40 Mega ball 13

Thanks Scuba!

Slimpickuns 02-14-2019 09:36 PM

Week 46

57-27-50 MB 13
70-21-39 MB 13
69-17-9 MB 13
32-29-25 MB 13
67-63-34 MB 13
39-35-52 MB 13
12-26-15 MB 13
13-22-49 MB 13

Thanks Scuba! Good luck all!

yacorie 02-15-2019 06:42 AM

Week#46

3-10-21 MB-12
8-14-40 MB-14
12-22-50 MB-11
9-33-47 MB-15
10-20-30 MB-13
40-50-60 MB 14
1-35-70 MB 12
11 - 22 - 44 MB 13

Thanks again for the contest!

Saltshaker 02-15-2019 08:09 AM

Week 46:

02 21 51 MB= 12
09 18 29 MB= 12
07 10 31 MB= 12
16 51 61 MB= 12
15 29 48 MB= 12
10 31 48 MB= 12
01 06 12 MB= 12
20 35 37 MB= 12

cellrdwellr 02-15-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pryan67 (Post 3068974)
I'll do my best to help you out with that :)

This is the week, I feel it! I think we may have a winner this week. That 8 guesses doubled everyone's odds, I thought last week it would have happened. Good luck! :cool: 👍

RayK 02-15-2019 12:39 PM

9 15 28 MB18
16 22 26 MB16
21 32 67 MB16
9 18 52 MB18
7, 19, 23 mb16
24,48,65 mb18
8,43, 55 mb17
2,26, 59 mb14

Thanks
Ray

jackdaniels 02-15-2019 02:03 PM

wiener, weiner free hot dog dinner!
 
week 46

7 15 19 Mega 13
8 16 29 Mega 19
27 31 38 Mega 10
36 46 53 Mega 17

10 20 68 Mega 25
9 22 32 Mega 21
5 17 31 Mega 14
19 27 31 Mega 23

pryan67 02-15-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr (Post 3069621)
This is the week, I feel it! I think we may have a winner this week. That 8 guesses doubled everyone's odds, I thought last week it would have happened. Good luck! :cool: 👍

Yeah, but the odds are still 1:5474

With the 8 guesses, that drops it to 1:684...

So if we had 684 people each with 8 unique guesses, we'd have a winner...


but I think this is my week :)

jkbemdavis 02-15-2019 04:40 PM

Thanks Scuba !
2 8 12 Mega ball 13
8 40 46 Mega ball 13
15 16 21 Mega ball 13
4 33 37 Mega ball 13
22 36 37 Mega Ball 13
14 17 19 Mega Ball 13
31 39 40 Mega Ball 13
1 10 20 Meg Ball 13


Good luck all !

Vermonster 02-15-2019 06:06 PM

Week 46

13, 25, 44 Mega 13
18, 33, 51 Mega 13
1, 6, 12 Mega 13
37, 41, 43 Mega 13
2, 5, 9, Mega 12
40, 42, 43 Mega 14
6, 17, 27 Mega 13
8, 21, 29 Mega 13

ScubaDetective 02-15-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pryan67 (Post 3069671)
Yeah, but the odds are still 1:5474

With the 8 guesses, that drops it to 1:684...

So if we had 684 people each with 8 unique guesses, we'd have a winner...


but I think this is my week :)

You are WAY off on the odds. You really only have to get three out of the main numbers which puts the chances at around 1 in 580. The last ball is a given if you make enough posts.

And those odds are if you only have one chance at it not eight

Rigoler012 02-15-2019 07:27 PM

17, 24, 43 MB 21
11, 17, 18 MB 15
10, 15, 17 MB 13
9, 15, 17 MB 14
14, 15, 22 MB 10
24, 25, 43 MB 11
25, 29, 45 MB 12
10, 13, 15 MB 13

Thank you again Scuba!

pryan67 02-15-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector (Post 3069762)
You are WAY off on the odds. You really only have to get three out of the main numbers which puts the chances at around 1 in 580. The last ball is a given if you make enough posts.

And those odds are if you only have one chance at it not eight



No disrespect, but those are the odds if we have 5 numbers each pick. Since we only have three per pick, the math works like this (I didn't do the math, a friend of mine who wrote a book on statistics did):

How many ways can you draw three numbers from 70?

N = 70! / (70-3)!/3! = 54,740

How many valid three number combinations can a set of five numbers contain?

M = 5! / (5-3)! / 3! = 10

(If the five numbers were 1-2-3-4-5, valid combinations would be: 5-4-3, 5-4-2, 5-4-1, 5-3-2, 5-3-1, 5-2-1, 4-3-2, 4-3-1, 4-2-1, 3-2-1)

So the odds of drawing one of the 10 sets of valid triplets from 54,740 is:

1:5,474.




But wait...maybe his math is wrong. Since we first have to reduce the subset of numbers to the five picked (not 3), it would be 70! / (70-5)!/5! , which is 12103014. There are still 10 ways to hit those three...which would make it 1:1210301.4


I'll have to have him check it out again, but it's one of the two.

twizzlerlord 02-15-2019 08:19 PM

Week 46

5-36-64 MB 13
9-24-49 MB 13
4-16-36 MB 13
7-25-37 MB 13
3-49-69 MB 13
16-25-36 MB13
25-39-63 MB 13
18-20-52 MB 13

ScubaDetective 02-16-2019 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pryan67 (Post 3069776)
No disrespect, but those are the odds if we have 5 numbers each pick. Since we only have three per pick, the math works like this (I didn't do the math, a friend of mine who wrote a book on statistics did):

How many ways can you draw three numbers from 70?

N = 70! / (70-3)!/3! = 54,740

How many valid three number combinations can a set of five numbers contain?

M = 5! / (5-3)! / 3! = 10

(If the five numbers were 1-2-3-4-5, valid combinations would be: 5-4-3, 5-4-2, 5-4-1, 5-3-2, 5-3-1, 5-2-1, 4-3-2, 4-3-1, 4-2-1, 3-2-1)

So the odds of drawing one of the 10 sets of valid triplets from 54,740 is:

1:5,474.




But wait...maybe his math is wrong. Since we first have to reduce the subset of numbers to the five picked (not 3), it would be 70! / (70-5)!/5! , which is 12103014. There are still 10 ways to hit those three...which would make it 1:1210301.4


I'll have to have him check it out again, but it's one of the two.


You don't need to pick FIVE numbers. ONLY ANY THREE out of the FIVE. So you have better odds. The first contest like this I did with a CZ-21 and scoop was won in three weeks.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.