Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Ended Contests Archive (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   ENDED Bring On Summer! (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=259140)

davidlhyde63366 09-29-2019 08:30 AM

Your new machine
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GKL (Post 3152875)
Thanks sandgroper !!!!

(with such a major upgrade like that good finds should be somewhat easier to locate :lol:)

You will have to go over all the places you hunted with your Bounty hunter Tracker IV and see what you missed . Will be a good way to learn the machine , including your big yard.

GKL 09-29-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandgroper (Post 3152872)
Yes that's quite a big upgrade.

I'm hoping we'll get to see more of your finds GKL with the new detector.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 (Post 3152923)
You will have to go over all the places you hunted with your Bounty hunter Tracker IV and see what you missed . Will be a good way to learn the machine , including your big yard.

I'll have to try to learn that Nox 800 quickly (at least the basics for now) so I can start getting some good finds to post from it before too long.

In the past my detecting time was extremely limited from being a full time caregiver, (for my mother-in-law who was in her 90's with dementia and lived with us and could not go too long unsupervised) after she passed this year it took time for us as she was with us over 9 years.

Then when I felt like wanting to try to get back into trying to detect more we were then in the middle of an extreme heat wave where not only was it a safety risk from heat exhaustion, it made the ground hard, even now our area is in a drought condition from rainfall being way below normal and a lot of hot above normal temps even in September. (Our normally tough clay based ground is even tougher right now :lol:)

Even so, I will still try to find areas where it is okay to detect without it being a problem if it causes the grass to turn brown from digging plugs due to the drought, like my own yard :lol: and maybe if I can find some non-park fields for now that are not "manicured" areas and where it would not matter or cause any complaints. We are supposed to get our first good rain in a while on Monday but still likely not enough to end the drought yet.

But even with a drought and hard ground, having a new Nox 800 definitely makes me feel more motivated to detect in less than ideal conditions then I would have with my Bounty Hunter, at least if I have to dig thru dry hard ground, with the Nox 800 at least I should have a much better idea the tough digging will be worth it :lol:

That Garret Carrot should work much better than my Cen-tech pinpointer too. The Bounty Hunter is not bad for the low price, but I did have problems finding anything good, sometimes the BH would give a signal something was there and I'd dig and find nothing, would detect the spot again and still get a signal, dig more to one side or the other and still find nothing, it ended up being a fairly big hole for finding nothing :laughing:

So please have a little patience with me while I learn my new Nox 800 after getting it, and also trying to find okay places to detect in drought conditions and hopefully it won't take too long for me to start having some good finds to post to show off what my new Nox 800 can do !

In the meantime I will post a pic of all my prize goodies after they arrive so everyone can see all what neat stuff I got !

It feels like Christmas in September ! (actually will in October too since October starts on Tuesday and I'll get my goodies sometime later this week :lol:)
:present: :lol:

Thanks again Scuba !!!!!

davidlhyde63366 09-29-2019 01:34 PM

your new machine
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GKL (Post 3153024)
I'll have to try to learn that Nox 800 quickly (at least the basics for now) so I can start getting some good finds to post from it before too long.

In the past my detecting time was extremely limited from being a full time caregiver, (for my mother-in-law who was in her 90's with dementia and lived with us and could not go too long unsupervised) after she passed this year it took time for us as she was with us over 9 years.

Then when I felt like wanting to try to get back into trying to detect more we were then in the middle of an extreme heat wave where not only was it a safety risk from heat exhaustion, it made the ground hard, even now our area is in a drought condition from rainfall being way below normal and a lot of hot above normal temps even in September. (Our normally tough clay based ground is even tougher right now :lol:)

Even so, I will still try to find areas where it is okay to detect without it being a problem if it causes the grass to turn brown from digging plugs due to the drought, like my own yard :lol: and maybe if I can find some non-park fields for now that are not "manicured" areas and where it would not matter or cause any complaints. We are supposed to get our first good rain in a while on Monday but still likely not enough to end the drought yet.

But even with a drought and hard ground, having a new Nox 800 definitely makes me feel more motivated to detect in less than ideal conditions then I would have with my Bounty Hunter, at least if I have to dig thru dry hard ground, with the Nox 800 at least I should have a much better idea the tough digging will be worth it :lol:

That Garret Carrot should work much better than my Cen-tech pinpointer too. The Bounty Hunter is not bad for the low price, but I did have problems finding anything good, sometimes the BH would give a signal something was there and I'd dig and find nothing, would detect the spot again and still get a signal, dig more to one side or the other and still find nothing, it ended up being a fairly big hole for finding nothing :laughing:

So please have a little patience with me while I learn my new Nox 800 after getting it, and also trying to find okay places to detect in drought conditions and hopefully it won't take too long for me to start having some good finds to post to show off what my new Nox 800 can do !

In the meantime I will post a pic of all my prize goodies after they arrive so everyone can see all what neat stuff I got !

It feels like Christmas in September ! (actually will in October too since October starts on Tuesday and I'll get my goodies sometime later this week :lol:)
:present: :lol:

Thanks again Scuba !!!!!

At least there are lots of people on here now with the same machine that can give you advice and shorten the learning curve .

GKL 09-29-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 (Post 3153029)
At least there are lots of people on here now with the same machine that can give you advice and shorten the learning curve .

Good point, that is a big plus, now that some other members have been using a Nox 800 for a while they will have some good advice based on their experiences after using it for a while.

I have already been searching the forum some and reading advice posts about the Nox 800 and there is some very helpful advice posted !

AirmetTango 09-29-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKL (Post 3153043)
Good point, that is a big plus, now that some other members have been using a Nox 800 for a while they will have some good advice based on their experiences after using it for a while.

I have already been searching the forum some and reading advice posts about the Nox 800 and there is some very helpful advice posted !

Huge Congrats, GKL!!! I canít think of a more deserving forum member to have won this contest (other than me, of course :lol::lol:)!! Great job sticking with the contest - I actually ended up dropping out mid-summer. Went on an extended international trip and got out of the habit of entering. Canít win if you donít play!

Youíre going to love that EQ - donít be discouraged if, at first, it seems overwhelming. Start out using one of the preset modes, get comfortable, then venture into making custom adjustments from there.

Congrats again, and big thanks again to Scuba for a fun and record length contest!!

GKL 09-29-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirmetTango (Post 3153245)
Huge Congrats, GKL!!! I canít think of a more deserving forum member to have won this contest (other than me, of course :lol::lol:)!! Great job sticking with the contest - I actually ended up dropping out mid-summer. Went on an extended international trip and got out of the habit of entering. Canít win if you donít play!

Youíre going to love that EQ - donít be discouraged if, at first, it seems overwhelming. Start out using one of the preset modes, get comfortable, then venture into making custom adjustments from there.

Congrats again, and big thanks again to Scuba for a fun and record length contest!!

Thanks for the congrats and kind words Airmet !!!!

(after all the weeks of entering I am sure thankful I didn't miss this last week :lol:)

Ö.and thanks for the tip, I have read it takes some learning and best to stick to the basics at first, but going from a budget level Bounty Hunter even the basic settings should be a huge difference :lol:

Saoirse 09-30-2019 02:48 AM

Congrats GKL! Nice to see it go to someone that an upgrade will be a big help!
Thanks Scuba for the competition, it was fun!

GKL 09-30-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saoirse (Post 3153296)
Congrats GKL! Nice to see it go to someone that an upgrade will be a big help!
Thanks Scuba for the competition, it was fun!

Thanks Saoirse !!!!!

You got that right about needing and getting an upgrade that will be a major improvement over a budget level Bounty Hunter :lol:

Ö.and Scuba's very generous contest made it possible, where if I had to wait to afford to buy an upgrade it might have been quite a long while to upgrade to something even half as good as a Nox 800 :lol:

davidlhyde63366 09-30-2019 12:39 PM

Looking forward to seeing a pictures of Gary (GKL) with his fine new machine , and other goodies , couldn't of happened to a nicer guy and I know he apreciates it . And a special thank you to Scuba Detector for putting on the contest in the first place. I know this contest lasted far longer than he ever expected it would. .

GKL 10-07-2019 06:25 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Okay folks here they are !!!! The contest prizes from Scuba's contest Ö..VERY generous prizes indeed !!!! :shock:

I said I would share pics of the super prizes from Scuba and also the extra goodies Phil was nice enough to also throw in ! (Thank you Scuba and Phil !)

The Equinox 800, wireless headphones, Garrett Pro-pointerAT, Lesche digger, finds pouch, utility pouch, T-Shirt, baseball cap, cup insulator, bumper sticker, 2020 calendar, even a $5 off token on a purchase !

The Nox 800 was wrapped really good in several layers !
Attachment 451224

after removing the plastic wrapping
Attachment 451225

inside the Nox 800 box was also the Garrett PropointerAT and wireless headphones
Attachment 451226

Lesche digger, finds pouch, also the extra goodies Phil threw in !
Attachment 451227

close up of the T-Shirt and baseball cap
Attachment 451228

close up of the finds pouch and White's utility pouch
Attachment 451229

close up of Lesche digger
Attachment 451230

close up of the $5 off treasure token (made of metal of course :lol:)
Attachment 451231

My new Nox 800, wireless headphones, and wireless transmitter module all getting charged up !
Attachment 451232

It will be dark out today by the time they are charged, so I'll see about watching some instruction videos and reading tips and my first "hunt" might be limited to my 1 1/2 acre yard tomorrow to get used to it. So be patient with me as I get used to it and hopefully I'll be able to start posting some good finds from my new Nox 800 before long !

Thanks again Scuba for your VERY generous contest, it made it possible for me to get a level of detector I could only dream about before I won !

It feels like Christmas in October !!!! :present: (but without the snow :lol:)

pryan67 10-07-2019 06:29 PM

Very nice... I LOVE the hat and finds pouch...very nice.

Congratulations again

davidlhyde63366 10-07-2019 07:58 PM

Very nice prizes
 
(GKL) Gary should have a lot of fun with that set up , looking forward to seeing some of his finds. A special thanks to Scuba Detector for putting on that contest it was very nice of him.

flphil 10-07-2019 09:17 PM

Gary, Thank you and glad you like everything! Nice pics too! Also thanks Scuba for doing the contest. HH, Phil


Quote:

Originally Posted by GKL (Post 3155713)
Okay folks here they are !!!! The contest prizes from Scuba's contest Ö..VERY generous prizes indeed !!!! :shock:

I said I would share pics of the super prizes from Scuba and also the extra goodies Phil was nice enough to also throw in ! (Thank you Scuba and Phil !)

The Equinox 800, wireless headphones, Garrett Pro-pointerAT, Lesche digger, finds pouch, utility pouch, T-Shirt, baseball cap, cup insulator, bumper sticker, 2020 calendar, even a $5 off token on a purchase !

The Nox 800 was wrapped really good in several layers !
Attachment 451224

after removing the plastic wrapping
Attachment 451225

inside the Nox 800 box was also the Garrett PropointerAT and wireless headphones
Attachment 451226

Lesche digger, finds pouch, also the extra goodies Phil threw in !
Attachment 451227

close up of the T-Shirt and baseball cap
Attachment 451228

close up of the finds pouch and White's utility pouch
Attachment 451229

close up of Lesche digger
Attachment 451230

close up of the $5 off treasure token (made of metal of course :lol:)
Attachment 451231

My new Nox 800, wireless headphones, and wireless transmitter module all getting charged up !
Attachment 451232

It will be dark out today by the time they are charged, so I'll see about watching some instruction videos and reading tips and my first "hunt" might be limited to my 1 1/2 acre yard tomorrow to get used to it. So be patient with me as I get used to it and hopefully I'll be able to start posting some good finds from my new Nox 800 before long !

Thanks again Scuba for your VERY generous contest, it made it possible for me to get a level of detector I could only dream about before I won !

It feels like Christmas in October !!!! :present: (but without the snow :lol:)


ScubaDetective 10-07-2019 10:38 PM

Glad we have a happy winner. You are welcome Gary.

Thanks everyone that tried. I am sure you helped the forum stay a bit more active.

GKL 10-08-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pryan67 (Post 3155715)
Very nice... I LOVE the hat and finds pouch...very nice.

Congratulations again

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 (Post 3155771)
(GKL) Gary should have a lot of fun with that set up , looking forward to seeing some of his finds. A special thanks to Scuba Detector for putting on that contest it was very nice of him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flphil (Post 3155788)
Gary, Thank you and glad you like everything! Nice pics too! Also thanks Scuba for doing the contest. HH, Phil

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector (Post 3155820)
Glad we have a happy winner. You are welcome Gary.

Thanks everyone that tried. I am sure you helped the forum stay a bit more active.

Thanks everyone !!!!

I definitely like all the goodies !

Ö...and WOW, what a difference going from a Bounty Hunter detector and Cen-Tech pinpointer to a Nox 800 and Pro-Pointer AT :shock:

Still learning, but it is fun !!!!

davidlhyde63366 10-09-2019 08:56 PM

GKL's big prize
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GKL (Post 3156016)
Thanks everyone !!!!

I definitely like all the goodies !

Ö...and WOW, what a difference going from a Bounty Hunter detector and Cen-Tech pinpointer to a Nox 800 and Pro-Pointer AT :shock:

Still learning, but it is fun !!!!

Have to get Gary (GKL) to pose for a picture with all his gear on ,he is well prepared for anything now.

Bagelbites 10-20-2019 05:08 PM

Scuba is so generous. Thank you for the great contest.

GKL 10-20-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagelbites (Post 3159271)
Scuba is so generous. Thank you for the great contest.

+100 on that !!!!

ÖÖ..and I can vouch that Scuba delivered on what he promised, I not only got all the prizes I was supposed to get, the vendor Scuba used, Phil of Myers Metal Detectors, thru in some extra free goodies too !

davidlhyde63366 10-20-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKL (Post 3159277)
+100 on that !!!!

ÖÖ..and I can vouch that Scuba delivered on what he promised, I not only got all the prizes I was supposed to get, the vendor Scuba used, Phil of Myers Metal Detectors, thru in some extra free goodies too !

For those not as lucky to win one from Scuba he does have a like new one for sale at a reasonable price .http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=277419

ScubaDetective 10-21-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 (Post 3159361)
For those not as lucky to win one from Scuba he does have a like new one for sale at a reasonable price .http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=277419

HAD one for sale. Folks wanted me to give it away. 900.00 machine and 150.00 pair of headphones and the best offer I got was 650.00.

I am keeping the critter.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.