Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums (https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php)
-   Make It or Fix It Yourself (https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Modified Excalibur Headphones with Bluetooth Cell Phone Integration (https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=259922)

Saltshaker 04-12-2018 02:47 PM

Modified Excalibur Headphones with Bluetooth Cell Phone Integration
 
4 Attachment(s)
Ok ,so I know what some of you might say that I'm a bit crazy to do this and that your detecting time is your alone time. But if you are like me and you have a fiance that worries because you're out for so long or you are in high demand then this mod is for you.
So...I decided to add a motorcycle bluetooth headset into my custom built excalibur headphones. More commonly known among my friends as the "PB7's" which has now become the BT-PB7's.
This is completely seperate from the detector audio. It only connects to my cell phone and allows me to recieve calls or text messages and make them via voice command. It can also act as an intercom between units so another hunting buddy can have one to talk to.
I purchased a Buyee headset on Amazon and managed to mount the main unit on the ear cup. I pulled the cup apart and cut a new piece of plastic to mount both speakers, one on top of each other. The main BT unit is "supposed" to be waterpoof and I added to gortex to the speaker and mic to help protect against water.
Since this is experimental, its possible that it will fail over time but I think it will work for a while. Now I can stay in communication in case of an emergency or anything that comes up like checking the current price of gold!

OBN 04-18-2018 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltshaker (Post 2932560)
But if you are like me and you have a fiance that worries because you're out for so long or you are in high demand then this mod is for you.

Some real nice work SS! Lots of work there to keep the Misses happy!

Saltshaker 04-18-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBN (Post 2936007)
Some real nice work SS! Lots of work there to keep the Misses happy!

Hey thanks, OBN. I tested it today. Worked good. Still need to tweak it a little but it should be handy from now on.

coin chaser 04-25-2018 01:39 AM

Wouldn’t it have been way cheaper in the long run and less work to just ditch the fiancé?:lol:

Nice work I like it. I was thinking about integrating a Wally talkie head set into a set of headphones so buddies could keep in touch on long hunts in big areas.

Saltshaker 04-29-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coin chaser (Post 2940495)
Wouldn’t it have been way cheaper in the long run and less work to just ditch the fiancé?:lol:

Nice work I like it. I was thinking about integrating a Wally talkie head set into a set of headphones so buddies could keep in touch on long hunts in big areas.


Ha...thats funny! Yeah, I dont think I could do that but thanks. If I can ever convince one of my buddies to get one then we could chat through the intercom feature which would be really nice to do.
So far its working OK but Im still testing so we'll see if its worth getting another.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.